How to connect Alexa to air conditioner | how to connect ac with Alexa
Do you have a Smart Air Conditioner?
You may have one, but you might not know about it.
Now the question comes of how you can check whether your Air conditioner is competent or not?
You can consider checking whether your Air conditioner supports WiFi or supports Smart speakers such as Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
Check the Product manual, or you might see the logo or symbol of the WiFi-supported feature.
As you checked, you might find that your Air conditioner does not support WiFi or Alexa. Then what can you do to make your AC smart?
Here are some smart devices such as Smart Air conditioner Controllers or Smart Plug. If you ask me, what is the best Smart AC controller?
Then I will suggest you checkout the – Wipro 16A WiFi Smart Plug.
What is a smart AC controller?
A smart AC controller is a device that mimics the infrared signals from your AC’s remote to connect with your Mobile Phone’s Application. It uses WiFi to operate, so you can control your air conditioner using your mobile phone.
Do you know the best part- your smart plug or ac controller can be used with other devices such as the Thermostat Refrigerators, etc.?
If you are going to use an intelligent AC controller, then I recommend you some of the suitable smart AC controllers given below-
- Wipro 16A WiFi Smart Plug with Energy Monitoring.
- Halonix Prime WiFi Smart Plug 16A with Energy Monitoring.
- Helea 16A WiFi Smart Plug with Energy Monitoring for High Power Appliances.
Why should you prefer a smart AC controller?
There are some advantages of smart AC controllers, which make them more reliable for making your AC smart.
- They are low in cost as compared to the new smart AC.
- You can use them with different devices – High and low-end appliances.
- Provides more features compared to the smart AC.
- Easy to Use.
- Compact design.
- Allows controlling a wide range of devices via mobile phone.
- Connects Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
Note- With smart AC, you can only turn it ON/OFF, while with the smart plug, you can access features such as skills, geo-location, scheduling, etc.
Let’s get back to our topic- How to connect Alexa to an air conditioner?
How to connect Alexa to the air conditioner?
As you purchased your smart ac controller- such as Wipro 16A WiFi Smart Plug- you must follow these steps to connect your ac with Alexa.
First, you must connect your smart plug with your air conditioner. Follow the steps mentioned below-
- Download the Wipro Next smart Home Application and register your account.
- Connect your mobile with your home WiFi and turn on your mobile location.
- Fit the Wipro Smart socket in the plug and turn on the power.
- Now add the device to the Wipro smart home app by tapping ‘+’ at the top right corner of the device button at the My Home window.
- Select Socket (WiFi), and the plug indicator flashes quickly. Tap next, and hence you will get the message that one device is connected successfully.
As you connected your Wipro smart socket with your Air conditioner, we have to connect Alexa to the air conditioner.
Follow the steps given below to connect Alexa to the air conditioner-
- On your mobile phone, open the Alexa Application and input your credentials.
- On the Home screen slide menu, Go to the “Skills and Games” section.
- Now Search for the Wipro Smart Home Skill, and enter the Wipro account details.
- Next, Alexa will search for the available devices connected to the Wipro Next smart Home Application.
- Now Sync them with Alexa and input the commands and features whatever you want to do with your AC.
Features we get after connecting ac with Alexa.
There is a wide range of features that we can use after connecting ac with Alexa. Such as voice commands, location, alarms, schedules, etc.
You can set up a trigger Alexa air conditioner command. Then all the inputted commands will be applied via amazon Alexa automatically, as your AC is connected to your Smart plug and Alexa.
Verdict: how to connect Alexa to the air conditioner.
I hope you know all about the smart ac, smart ac controllers, and how to connect Alexa to the air conditioner. Follow the steps mentioned in this guide and connect ac with Alexa easily.
Please note that you have high-speed WiFi and good quality smart plug or smart air conditioner controller.
I hope you have liked our detailed post on- how to connect ac with Alexa. If you have any doubts regarding it, then know me in the comments.
Also, share this in-depth guide with your friends and family who might be interested in making their air conditioner smart.
- Does inverter ac need a stabilizer in 2022?
- Daikin vs. Hitachi ac (Inverter Split AC) – Which one is better in 2022?
- Direct Cool Vs. Frost Free Refrigerator | Difference You Must Know in 2022
- Can mosquitoes get in through an air conditioner?
FAQs on: how to connect Alexa to the air conditioner.
How can I connect my Alexa to AC?
You can connect Amazon Alexa to your Air conditioner via the smart ac controllers or smart plugs through the Home WiFi and control your Air conditioners over the voice commands.
How do I install Alexa on my LG air conditioner?
You can connect Alexa to any Air conditioner unit through smart plugs and follow the steps mentioned in this guide.
Do smart plugs work with air conditioners?
Smart Plugs work with air conditioners via Home WiFi and can make it Alexa enable ac.